To complement our compliance service, Law Compliance provides a comprehensive review service.
The review service involves members of Law Compliance’s legislative compliance team visiting clients on-site to assess their level of compliance with all relevant legislative obligations. The review involves interviews and discussions with organisation staff.
The review covers all Commonwealth and State Acts and Regulations relevant to the organisation. Topics covered in the review may include:
- Aged care services and Aged Care Principles
- Building and infrastructure
- Clinical issues
- Competition and consumer law
- Confidentiality and privacy principles
- Corporations law
- Charities, not-for-profits and fundraising
- Disability services
- Drugs and pharmacy requirements
- Finance and superannuation
- Health practitioner regulation
- Incorporated associations
- Mental health
- Minors and children’s services
- Occupational health and safety
- Provision of health care services
Following the review, the organisation is provided with a report listing, in order of priorities, areas of non-compliance. The report includes detailed reasons explaining any areas of non-compliance and includes plain language recommendations for rectification.
Clients who have been reviewed have found that:
- the process was beneficial in highlighting compliance deficiencies that were not apparent through own internal reviews
- the Law Compliance review provides a cost effective means of conducting a comprehensive compliance review without the need to commit significant staff resources
- the review is useful at the start of a compliance program, as part of the process to meet accreditation requirements and as part of a regular compliance review arrangement.