From our perspective:
- understanding where a legislative obligation fits within a policy framework can be difficult, and
- organisations often don’t have sufficient resources to keep their policies legally up to date.
Our policy wording service aims to assist organisations overcome these issues. As part of this quarterly update service subscribers are given:
- guidance about the types of policies that may be affected by a legislative change,
- suggested wording for relevant policies to allow subscribers to modify their own policies, and
- completely new policies if Acts in new areas of law are introduced (or existing Acts are substantially re-written).
The feedback on this service has been terrific.
“In a word – Great!”
“All the background, time consuming work done for us”
“Easy to read and understand”
“Clearly informs us what legislation affects the organisation, what policies and procedures are affected and wording to be included/changed in our P&P”
“Makes it easy to direct the action for the change/amendment – the rest is up to us“
Some of the Policies we have recently prepared are as a result of the following legislative changes:
- Health Legislation Amendment (Improved Medicare Compliance and other Measures) Act 2018 (Cth)
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Amendment (2018 Measures No 1) Regulations 2018 (Cth)
- Disability Regulations 2018 (Vic)
- Improving Cancer Outcomes (Screening Reporting) Regulations 2018 (Vic)
- Victorian Industry Participation Policy (Local Jobs First) Amendment Act 2018 (Vic)