From our perspective:
- understanding where a legislative obligation fits within a policy framework can be difficult, and
- organisations often don’t have sufficient resources to keep their policies legally up to date.
Our policy wording service aims to assist organisations overcome these issues. As part of this quarterly update service subscribers are given:
- guidance about the types of policies that may be affected by a legislative change,
- suggested wording for relevant policies to allow subscribers to modify their own policies, and
- completely new policies if Acts in new areas of law are introduced (or existing Acts are substantially re-written).
The feedback on this service has been terrific.
“In a word – Great!”
“All the background, time consuming work done for us”
“Easy to read and understand”
“Clearly informs us what legislation affects the organisation, what policies and procedures are affected and wording to be included/changed in our P&P”
“Makes it easy to direct the action for the change/amendment – the rest is up to us“
Some of the Policies we have recently prepared are as a result of the following legislative changes:
- Aged Care Legislation Amendment (New Commissioner Functions) Act 2019 No.116 (Cth)
- Children’s Services Amendment Act 2019 (Vic) No.37 and Children’s Services Regulations 2020 (Vic) No.32
- COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) (Commercial Leases and Licences) Regulations 2020 (Vic)
- Guardianship and Administration Act 2019 No.13
- Integrity and Accountability Legislation Amendment (Public Interest Disclosures, Oversight and Independence) Act 2019 No.2 (Vic)
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (Provider Registration and Practice Standards) Amendment (2019 Measures No.1) Rules 2019 (Cth)
- National Health (COVID-19 Supply of Pharmaceutical Benefits) Special Arrangement 2020 (Cth)
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Regulations 2019 No.133 (Vic)
- Privacy Amendment (Public Health Contact Information) Act No.44 (Cth)
- Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2019 No.135 (Vic) (Aquatic Facilities)